Chorus is a design space exploration tool that helps engineers discover trends and anomalies in computational fluid dynamics (CFD), or computational physics studies and enables them to simultaneously gain insight into the underlying fluid-dynamic phenomena that cause these variations – all in a single environment. Tecplot Chorus, originally released in 2012 as a stand-alone product, will now only be available with Tecplot 360. Learn more about Chorus.
PyTecplot is Tecplot’s new Python API. Python is a popular scripting language used by scientists and engineers to automate workflows. PyTecplot features an easy-to-use object-oriented approach to create plots and alter data. PyTecplot integrates fully with other Python-compatible tools. Learn more about PyTecplot.
SZL Server is a lightweight application that is installed on an HPC, data server or remote file store. The server side leverages Tecplot’s proprietary SZL technology to transfer only the data required to generate a specific plot. Data transfer is fast and secure, and no graphics card is required on the server side. Learn more about SZL Server.
These new capabilities in Tecplot 360 are available only to customers who subscribe to Tecplot’s new, expanded maintenance plan, TecPLUS™. Customers who are currently on maintenance (SMS) will be automatically upgraded to TecPLUS™. A free trial of Tecplot 360 2017 R1, including all new capabilities, is available for download on the company’s website.
“After many months of hard work, we are thrilled to be releasing these new capabilities in Tecplot 360,” Tecplot President Tom Chan said. “Tecplot Chorus will empower our customers to quickly explore large data sets composed of multiple solutions. Our new Python API, PyTecplot, enables customers to automate workflows across their entire tool chain. SZL Server will help our customers spend less time transferring their data and more time analyzing their results.”
Chan continued, “The customers we’ve talked to are very excited about this release. They see huge opportunities to not only increase the efficiency of their work but also improve the accuracy of their designs.”
There are even more improvements in Tecplot 360 2017 R1:
- Variable combining enables variables in data files that have the same meaning but different names to be combined.
- Slice orientation can be set by selecting three points on the desired cutting plane or by interactively probing the three points.
- A new algorithm of isosurface generation provides better visual results and improved performance.
- Data files can be converted to the new SZL (.szplt extension) format in batch mode without consuming a Tecplot 360 license.
- TecIO can now read SZL files as well as write them.
- Loader improvements include a new TRIX loader for Cart3D users, and updates to CGNS, PLOT3D, FLOW-3D, and FEA loaders.