This release of Sculptor also brings with it a restructuring of the Sculptor product line to better align with customer demand as follows:
- Sculptor Morph – Advanced morphing technology for STL and point cloud data
- Sculptor Morph Analysis - Advanced morphing technology for CAE & CFD data
- Sculptor+ CAD - Advanced morphing technology for CAD data
- Sculptor+ Optimize – 3D shape optimization leveraging advanced morphing technology
- Sculptor Morph API – API access to Advanced 3D model morphing technology for software developers
“We are pleased to release the Sculptor 3.3 offering a broader use of the ASD morphing technology for efficient reuse of 3D Data for better designs and improved shape optimization capabilities. Sculptor 3.3 leverages the real-time morphing technology for a wide range of applications from modification of STL data to 3D shape optimization with integrated simulations.” says Dr. Mark Landon CTO of Optimal Solutions Software.
“The new improvements to the optimization capabilities allow for real-time traversing of the design space, with the design objective functions being updated simultaneously with deformation of the model. Sculptor+ Optimize helps find optimal designs and understanding of the complex relationships between the shape change variables and the design functions near the optimal design to be able to determine the robustness of the design. The new restructured Sculptor will allow customers to tailor Sculptor for their own particular uses much more easily. Those interested in our ASD (Arbitrary Shape Deformation – Morphing) technology for use in their own software can now license our powerful ASD API toolkit.”
Sculptor version 3.3 represents a major breakthrough in the ability to reuse 3D data for creating better designs leveraging the highly efficient Arbitrary Shape Deformation (ASD) real-time morphing technology. The power of this unique morphing technology has been used for years for 3D shape optimization by those who are interested in peak performance. This release of the Sculptor technology continues to improve the optimization capabilities but also makes the powerful ASD morphing technology available for easily exploring design changes for an extensive range of 3D models.
Here’s a quick highlight of the major new capabilities in the Sculptor 3.3 family of products.
- New Translators for Wind-US and OBJ Files
- Improved Fluent Translator
- CFX Element Quality Checking
- Measure all Tetrahedral and Hexahedral element quality criteria
- Shrink Boundary Layers and Surface Normals
- Interactive histogram
- Measure Volume and Surface Area of a Mesh
- Solve Multiple Gradient Calls Simultaneously
- Response Surface Improvements
- Save multiple surfaces
- New Charting Tab
- Real-time interactive geometry interface with response surface
About Optimal Solutions Software
Optimal Solutions Software is a leading provider of 3D real-time morphing and shape optimization technology. Optimal Solutions was founded in 2002 based on design optimization research at Brigham Young University and released the Sculptor family of products in 2005. Optimal Solutions distributes Sculptor worldwide through a growing distributor network and clients include: Gulfstream, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Volvo, Harley Davidson, Speedo, Williams F1, Borg Warner and many others.. Optimal Solutions software has offices in Idaho Falls, ID. For more information, visit the Sculptor web site at www.gosculptor.com or contact us by email email@example.com.