SymLab RANS Flow
The new SymLab RANS Flow add-on can simulate realistic (viscous) gas and liquid flow with heat transfer using state-of-the-art Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). SymLab RANS Flow makes it easy to simulate complex fluid flow around and through your design with SymLab's automated meshing tools and its easy-to-use visualization tools.
SymLab RANS Flow uses a custom version of OpenFOAM that is capable of simulating complex fluid flow and heat transfer over and through virtually any configuration, whether it be the external flow over a wind-turbine, aircraft, car, or a submersible, or the internal flow through a computer case, mining drill, pipe, or duct.
A SymLab RANS Flow subscription is $799.99/year.
SymLab RANS Flow is also included in the SymLab Professional add-on, which provides a complete Computer-Aided Engineering system for fluid flow analysis, and contains:
- RANS Flow
- Panel Flow: use a panel method to simulate idealized (inviscid) fluid flow around streamlined shapes and through simple ducts
- Builder: create and modify 2D and 3D geometry
- Transient: explore time-dependent simulations and visualization of results
- Exchange: import and export IGES, STEP and faceted file formats
- Viz Export: export 3D results to high resolution, high quality renderers and other visualization packages
You can purchase a SymLab Professional subscription for $999.99/year, making it the most affordable and integrated commercial CFD solution on the market.
SymLab v2.0 Enhancements
Amongst many SymLab v2.0 enhancements, the highlights are:
- Improvements in the robustness of the triangle and tetrahedral meshing algorithms and improved quality of the meshes that both tools produce
- The quadrilateral and hexahedral meshing algorithms are no longer constrained to have equal resolution in all topological directions
- SymLab can now exploit multi-processor/core CPUs to speed up certain operations, such as the solution time for the solver used in the SymLab Panel Flow add-on
 OpenFOAM is a registered trademark of OpenCFD and is unaffiliated with Symscape.
Our software is available to download and install directly from our website. We offer free 30-day trials and affordable subscriptions for SymLab add-ons.