The educational version is configured to be easily integrated into the teaching process and course curricula.
"After the successful release of the educational version of AxSTREAM for axial turbines and compressors, we received many requests from university faculty to develop a similar module for radial turbomachinery," stated Dr. Leonid Moroz, President of SoftInWay. "This module will add an important and advanced learning tool to academia."
"I believe SoftInWay has a very attractive product that contains a multitude of useful features, many of which are available only in much more expensive packages," stated Dr. Ian Halliwell, Research Scientist at Ohio State University.
"AxSTREAM makes realistic turbomachinery design capabilities affordable. It bridges the gap between preliminary engine design and CFD. Engineering design is the process that turns thermodynamic concepts into hardware and to date, in the university design environment, it has been difficult to go beyond velocity diagrams in a realistic fashion, even on a senior level."
"With AxSTREAM, this can be done quite readily, enabling student interest to be heightened by their being able to see a final product very quickly using tools that are similar to those used in the major engine companies."
Gaining marketable skills in turbomachinery design and multidisciplinary optimization, the student (individually or in study teams) will be able to:
- Design a flow path based on given overall requirements according to engine application (determine an appropriate geometry, number of stages (within the limitations imposed), and distribution of blade angles
- Assess the design interactions between aerodynamic, mechanical integrity and blade cooling requirements for an isolated stage
- Perform design multidisciplinary optimization for both HP and LP turbine stages, encompassing 1D and 2D direct problem computation of multistage flow path
- Search for optimal twist law of classic and long blades
- Profile the planar cascades with regard to aerodynamic criteria
- Perform 3D blade design with custom lean and sweep
The educational version of AxSTREAM for Radial Turbomachinery Design and Optimization is available for a short time at a special introductory price.