The new capabilities are now available for
- EFD.Pro - a fully embedded CFD solution within the Pro/ENGINEER environment;
- EFD.V5 - a fully embedded CFD solution within the CATIA environment, and
- EFD.Lab - a general-purpose fluid analysis tool that includes a built-in solid modeler.
The EFD product family is used by best-in-class manufacturers to develop and optimize various products within aerospace, automotive, HVAC, valves and regulator, medical device as well as fire protection industries.
"We strongly believe that for fluid flow analysis to become an integral part of the design process it must use native 3D CAD data and not force you to change your design process" said Ivo Weinhold, line of business manager, Engineering Fluid Dynamics, at Flomerics. "By offering access to the right information at the right time, version 7.3 empowers the engineer to focus on developing good quality products as opposed to transferring data back and forth."
Among the most significant features of version 7.3 are:
- 64-bit processor support: The EFD family can now be run on 64-bit machines. As a result, users will be able to analyze very large problems, those generally regarded as too large or too time consuming, directly on the desktop. With a scalable solution that can readily adapt to user needs, the EFD suite can now be deployed across the enterprise.
- Integrated interface with MSC Patran: To help engineers solve design problems involving both fluid and structural issues, EFD results can now be applied as loads for structural analysis inside Patran, the popular MSC pre- and postprocessor. Fully integrated into Patran, the automated interface drastically reduces the amount of time necessary for updating analysis models.
- Support of CATIA V5 R17: To ensure full compatibility with the latest release of CATIA, EFD.V5 now offers full support of CATIA V5 R17 in both 32- and 64-bit formats. Therefore organizations who have standardized on CATIA V5 R17 can maintain an up-to-date development platform.
EFD 7.3 is available for immediate shipment. Interested readers may download their choice of free EFD software demos at: http://www.nika.biz.
Flow trajectories and cut plot with velocity distribution + vectors