AxPLAN is a design of experiment and optimization solver and includes the following capabilities:
Other key features of AxPLAN include:
- Generation of experiment planning matrix;
- Running the numerical experiment with the point solver;
- Estimation of the Y vector of observation components;
- Processing of experimental results and adjusting macromodel coefficients;
- Finding compromise solutions in multiparametric optimization;
- Advanced, zero-order method that doesn't require derivatives evaluation;
- Goal function in the design space is specified on as few points as possible;
- Optimizes design by finding objectives minima using low discrepancy sequences search method;
- Handles dozens of design variables with minimal requirements to the goal function smoothness;
- Does not require professional knowledge in mathematics, statistics and analysis;
- Simple and fast in operation.
In the course of processing, AxPLAN allows users to declare sets of design variables and objectives (response functions); set and change ranges of design variable variations; fill DoE matrices with experimental data; and build surrogate models; etc.
Convenience and speed are the AxPLAN differences supported by a user-friendly interface and 2D/3D visualization capabilities.
AxPLAN can be used as a standalone software tool or as a component of any problem-oriented software package (AxPLAN-Library).
AxPLAN-Standalone is effective for both physical and numerical experiment planning. With this version of AxPLAN, users can easily assess advantages of DoE study and realize essence, processing and results of the tool implementation in the course of finding an optimal solution.
AxPLAN developed as a DLL library can be easily embedded into CAE software, thus facilitating and accelerating design space exploration and optimization, reducing cost and increasing overall product performance. Utilizing accepted and trusted DoE methods, it provides rapid search capabilities for optimal solution of tasks with numerous unknown factors and solves multi-criterion optimization problems regarding any predefined constraints. The solutions found fit a series of typical problems with an unlimited scope of studied objective functions.
AxPLAN has been used successfully in a variety of complex analysis applications such as optimization of weight, structural characteristics, fluid dynamics, geometry, etc. and in turbomachinery design software for optimization of multistage axial turbine flow path.