Traditional aircraft and rotorcraft designs, as well as the new generation of eVTOLs, must meet increasingly stringent certification requirements for noise. External noise is generated from flow over and around the fuselage, wings, landing gear, control surfaces, and propulsion units.
This series will explore how aeroacoustic simulation can be used to lower noise generated from these sources. The advantages of simulation and virtual testing over physical testing are many:
- Simulation can be done early in the design stage on a 24/7/365 basis
- No expensive laboratory equipment or facility is needed
- Eliminate the time and cost to build a physical prototype, and avoid schedule conflicts for access to a test facility
- Many design variants can be evaluated in a short period of time
- Simulation helps reduce risk of failure during final qualification testing
During the series, we will demonstrate the Dassault Systèmes solutions for noise evaluation. We will focus on key aspects of high fidelity aerodynamics and aeroacoustics simulations, determination of noise levels and sources, and design to meet noise targets.
E-Seminar 1: Quieter Aircraft, Less Community Noise, Increased Customer Satisfaction
E-Seminar 2: Simulation of Aircraft Aeroacoustics
- Discover the overall values of virtual testing for accelerating concept development by evaluating design concepts for noise generation early in the design cycle
Interactive Workshop on Aircraft and Rotorcraft Noise Simulation
- Learn how to simulate airframe noise using the state-of-the-art PowerFLOW CFD software
- Learn the end-to-end solution for aeroacoustics simulation through this interactive workshop. This session includes audience participation through live chats and polls with the panelists.
Discover more about each event.