Importing and manipulating CAD geometry in Pointwise to make it more suitable for meshing is not always well understood, and it sometimes may seem coincidental when you finally assemble your surfaces into a solid model. This webcast aims to remove any ambiguities involving the suite of CAD tools available in Pointwise. Participants should come away with a better understanding of the geometry creation and editing utilities available to them, how to better anticipate their behavior, and how to identify situations that can influence meshing decisions.|
This webcast uses complex, practical CAD examples to demonstrate how to:
- Leverage the updated Import Database panel in Pointwise V18, and let Pointwise detect suitable tolerances automatically for you
- Visualize model tolerances using new Examine metrics and discover how they can influence meshing decisions
- Identify and heal gaps in geometry to expedite watertight model assembly prior to meshing
- Apply strategies for identifying and recreating missing and untrimmed surfaces
- Distinguish whether your imported geometry is ready for meshing and discover why some potential issues are not apparent in your CAD application
Details on the webcast and Q&A participation can be found at www.pointwise.com/webcasts.
The event will be hosted by Zach Davis, a member of the Sales and Marketing team.
Let's Talk Meshing events encompass various communication channels, including interactive forums, webinars, and webcasts that inform and equip Pointwise users. To find out about our current events or to peruse recordings from past events, please go to www.pointwise.com/LetsTalkMeshing.
Pointwise, Inc. is solving the top problem facing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) today – reliably generating high-fidelity meshes. The company’s Pointwise software generates structured, unstructured and hybrid meshes; interfaces with CFD solvers, such as ANSYS Fluent®, STAR-CCM+®, ANSYS CFX®, OpenFOAM, and SU2 as well as many neutral formats, such as CGNS; runs on Windows (Intel and AMD), Linux (Intel and AMD), and Mac, and has a scripting language, Glyph, that can automate CFD meshing. Large manufacturing firms and research organizations worldwide rely on Pointwise as their complete CFD preprocessing solution.
Pointwise is a registered trademark of Pointwise, Inc. in the USA and the EU. Pointwise Glyph, T-Rex and Let's Talk Meshing are trademarks of Pointwise, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owner.