The webinar will demonstrate how to:
- Create layers of unstructured hexahedral cells with T-Rex.
- Use structured domains in Match boundary conditions for T-Rex initialization.
- Automatically create unstructured blocks with multiple closed and baffle faces.
- Use the shading light source control tool to change how entities are shaded.
- Mirror symmetric grids automatically on export.
- Export to FUN3D, SC/Tetra V9 and Gambit neutral file formats.
- Use the upgraded CGNS v3.1.4 and NASTRAN export formats.
- Use the new Draw Curve toolbar button with pull-down list.
An unstructured mesh containing hexahedra, prisms, and tetrahedra generated by T-Rex. Image created with EnSight.
The webinar will be presented by Carolyn Dear Woeber and Erick Gantt. Mrs. Woeber has more than 10 years’ experience in mesh generation for a range of application areas, with a specialty in unstructured viscous mesh generation. At Pointwise, she is manager of the Technical Support Team, overseeing customer support, quality assurance, training, consulting and documentation.
Mr. Gantt, a 15-year veteran in providing support and training for Pointwise, has specific experience in multi-block structured meshing for both viscous and inviscid analysis. His responsibilities include developing and delivering comprehensive training materials, supporting Pointwise's international distributors and providing general technical support and documentation.
Pointwise, Inc. is solving the top problem facing engineering analysts today – mesh generation for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The company’s Pointwise software generates structured, unstructured and hybrid meshes; interfaces with CFD solvers, such as ANSYS FLUENT, STAR-CCM+, ANSYS CFX and OpenFOAM as well as many neutral formats, such as CGNS; runs on Windows (Intel and AMD), Linux (Intel and AMD), and Mac, and has a scripting language, Glyph, that can automate CFD meshing. Large manufacturing firms and research organizations worldwide rely on Pointwise as their complete CFD preprocessing solution.
More information about Pointwise is available at www.pointwise.com.
Pointwise is a registered trademark and Pointwise Glyph and T-Rex are trademarks of Pointwise, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owner.