- It will help you understand the amount of effort and the workflow involved in performing a simulation for your process.
- It will give you enough hands-on experience and understanding to judge if an advanced tool can help you extract more value out of your processes.
- It will give you an opportunity to learn about where and how it has been used in the past.
- If you have deployed CFD in your process, or intend to do so in the future, this course would give you a better understanding of how it works and what assumptions are made so that you can judiciously define and vet the CFD work being done for you.
Over the past several years, CD-adapco has seen rapid growth in our customer base in CPI. Companies such as Dow Chemical, Mitsubishi Chemicals, John Zink, Toray Chemicals, Air Liquide, LG Chemical, Hanwa Chemical, Zeeco, Shell and LyondellBassell have added STAR-CCM+ to their toolset, as well as combined STAR-CCM+ís DEM and advanced automated pre-processing into an automated tool for modeling packed bed reactors. The alternative is to purchase an external DEM code and spend days to weeks struggling to mesh this complex geometry.
Who Should Attend?
Managers and engineers from pharmaceutical and chemical process industry involved in the following activities will find this workshop to be valuable:
- Process design & development
- Scale-up of mixing tanks
- Design of multiphase reactors
- Particulate flow and transport
- Equipment design and troubleshooting
- Safety engineering & risk scenario analysis
This informative training session will help you save precious time and money in the development process.