Taught by experienced mechanical and chemical engineers, these courses include both lecture and hands-on instruction in the use of CFD for modeling a wide variety of fluidized systems. Both reacting and non-reacting examples are taught as are both gas-solid and liquid-solid modeling. Both isothermal and thermal cases are taught. The course syllabus is summarized:
- Introduction to particle flow modeling
- Introduction to Barracuda grid generation
- Introduction to the Barracuda Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Introduction to Barracuda post-processing
- Fluidized bed training problem set-up
- Fluidized bed training problem analysis
- Additional training problem setup (choice of chlorinator, cyclone, etc.) or customer-specific project training
- Training problem analysis (chlorinator, cyclone, etc.)
or customer-specific project training
- Complex problem setup (turbulent reactor with internals)
- Complex problem analysis seminar
- Introduction to chemical reaction modeling in Barracuda
- Carbon/steam gasification problem set-up and analysis
- Coal gasification problem set-up and analysis
- Advanced post-processing
- Best-practice and misc. advice
- Customer-specific project training
Barracuda is used by major oil & gas, chemical, petrochemical, and power equipment manufacturers for simulating, understanding, and optimizing the operation of fluidized systems. Common applications are FCC (fluidized catalytic cracking) reactors and regenerators, fluidized bed reactors (FBRs) for chemical manufacturing, CFB (circulating fluidized bed) boilers in coal-fired power plants, both coal and biomass gasifiers and chemical looping combustion (CLC) units, and fluidized bed reactors for polysilicon production (both TCS hydrogenation reactors and silicon deposition reactors).
“Whether from existing clients or participants attending to evaluate this technology for future deployment in their organizations, we regularly receive the highest praise from participants in our training courses,” said Scott Thibault , Vice President of Sales & Marketing at CPFD Software.
Software and computers are provided for the training and purchase of the Barracuda software is not required. To provide the optimal teacher-student ratio for effective learning, class sizes are kept small, so advance registration (6-8 weeks in advance of the course) is strongly recommended. Universities receive a 50% academic discount.
About CPFD Software
CPFD Software LLC is an Albuquerque-based company specializing in solving particle-gas and particle-liquid problems for the power, oil & gas, petrochemical, and chemical industries. Their Barracuda® software provides accurate simulations of lab-scale, pilot plant, and full-scale reacting bed flows with full thermodynamics and chemistry.