Multiphase flows are of great interest to a large variety of industries. The power generation, nuclear reactor technology, food production, chemical process, aerospace and automotive industries are all driving forces in this complex field.
The goal of the workshop is to bring together experimental and numerical practitioners, and to foster discussion and exchange of knowledge.
Experts from both areas are called upon to present their research and application results to a receptive worldwide audience. Topics of interest include:
- Phase interaction models
- Turbulence models for multiphase flows
- CFD applied to multiphase flow problems
- Measurement methods for multiphase flows
- Accuracy and resolution considerations for experimental and CFD investigations
- Practical application of CFD methods to multi-phase flow problems
- Comparison between different numerical and experimental approaches
Papers are welcome either as full text or as presentation slides. The participants will receive the full proceedings an a CD-ROM. The proceedings will also be published an the web site of the FZ Rossendorf and as a report.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Stephan: "Multiscale Approach for the Investigation of Nucleate Boiling Heat Transfer – Modelling and Experimental Validation"
Prof. Dr. Y. A. Hassan: "Drag Reduction with Microbubble Injection in the Boundary layer of a Channel Flow"
Prof. Dr. H. A. Jakobsen: "Challenges on Population Balance Modelling of the Coalescence and Breakage Processes in Bubble Column Reactors"
The short course is designed to provide knowledge on the use of numerical and experimental methods for multiphase flows.
The participants will receive an overview of the possibilities and limits of modern experimental methods and computational fluid dynamics (CFD). Valuable information an the applicability of CFD for your tasks will be provided.
The short course will address engineers, chemists, physicists and technicians active in research and design, who would like to be informed on modern design methods and tools for multi-phase flows.
- Mathematical Models for Multiphase Flows
- Eulerian Multiphase Flow: Phase Interaction Models
- Lagrangian Two-Phase Flow Models
- Interfacial Heat & Mass Transfer Models
- Measurement Techniques and Experimental Investigations for Bubbly Flows
- Practical Calculations of Bubbly Flows with ANSYS CFX