Highly effective and reliable CFD modeling software is used to build a model of the server room or data center, and creating three dimensional graphics for identifying the airflow problems or 'hot spots' that can cause overheated servers.
How CFD Modeling Experts Can Help?
The CFD modeling tool is used in addressing the problem of cold air not reaching specific spots in servers, thus, causing overheating and severe damages. It provides three dimensional graphics that identify airflow problems, and helps the engineers and designers to fix the challenges in a cost-effective manner at an early stage to prevent significant damages. Expert CFD modeling services encompass:
- Analyzing the floor space power consumption of data center or server room, and its heat load
- Calculating the requirements of cooling distribution airflow
- Developing a baseline for CFD model
- Calibrating the model based on temperature measurements and actual airflow
- Providing solutions for cooling problems that have been identified by field survey and CFD model
Typically, the services range around providing a standard CFD model that highlights supple and the return flow of air in the server room or data center. This is then calibrated to rack power, actual airflow, and temperature measurements. Next, a calibrated CFD model is provided in addition to CRAC failure analysis and scenario analysis for infrastructure change or IT deployment. The accuracy of such CFD modeling services is primarily dependent on the actual load reading from power distribution panels to rack levels.
Benefits of Computation Fluid Dynamics Modeling Services
Depending on the air flow problems in a data center or server rooms, different types of CFD modeling solutions are provided, which comes with exceptional benefits to leverage upon. The key features and advantages of CFD modeling are discussed herewith:
- Baseline CFD model: It provides in-depth understanding of important airflow characteristics within the data center.
- Configurable CFD modules: The process helps in tailoring the CFD modeling needs as per core business requirements.
- Predictive analysis: It enables proactive management of high density deployment and IT growth.
- CRAC failure analysis: Such detailed CFD modeling services highlight the impact of Computer Room Air Conditioner failure to internal airflow and temperature of rack inlet.
- Energy savings and airflow optimization: CFD modeling experts will help you identify the areas where energy is wasted due to overcooling. It also helps in identifying the opportunities for enhancing distribution of cold air and heat rejection capabilities.
Professional CFD modeling services are the most effective ways to proactively manage and fix the problems in your cooling infrastructure in a data center or server room. It also facilitates effective IT deployment with cost effectiveness and flexibility.