“STAR-CCM+ v11.04 remains focused on making engineers more effective and enabling them to discover better designs, faster,” said CD-adapco Senior VP of Product Management Jean-Claude Ercolanelli. “This release also expands on the applications coverage in industries such as Turbomachinery, Marine, Oil and Gas, Aerospace, Ground Transportation, and Electric Machines.”
On June 14, Siemens announced that STAR-CCM+ is part of the Simcenter™ portfolio, a comprehensive suite of simulation and test solutions for predictive engineering analytics. The purpose of Simcenter is to help companies develop digital twins that can predict real-world behavior of products and address complex engineering challenges.
“We are excited and proud to have STAR-CCM+ now part of the Simcenter portfolio,” said Ercolanelli. “Siemens is building a powerful suite of simulation and test solutions, which advance our mission to allow our customers to predict product performance earlier and more accurately throughout the entire product lifecycle. Our continued focus on purposeful releases, combined with the Simcenter portfolio, results in better performing and more innovative products.”
STAR-CCM+ v11.04 has many new features drawn from ideas posted on IdeaStorm, the CD-adapco customers’ innovation forum. They include:
- Expanded multiphase simulation capabilities for Turbomachinery customers for applications such as pumps and wet gas compressors.
- Increased accuracy and faster time-to-solution for Marine and Oil and Gas customers with a new wave forcing model, and automatic time-step adjustment for transient runs.
- Reduced time-to-solution for Aerospace and Ground Transportation customers by enabling steady-state fluid film simulations, when appropriate, for applications such as water management and aircraft icing.
- Increased flexibility and ease of use for Ground Transportation and Electronics customers when modeling conjugate heat transfer of composite laminate structures. Read more…
- Introduction of 3D Finite Element Electromagnetics, further expanding the STAR-CCM+ multiphysics platform to model electromagnetic problems for applications such as electric machines, transformers and plasma devices.
CD-adapco (http://www.cd-adapco.com) is a global engineering simulation company with a unique vision for Multidisciplinary Design eXploration (MDX). Engineering simulation provides the most reliable flow of information into the design process, which drives innovation and lowers product development costs. CD-adapco simulation tools, led by the flagship product STAR-CCM+®, allow customers to discover better designs, faster. The company’s solutions cover a wide range of engineering disciplines including computational fluid dynamics (CFD), computational solid mechanics (CSM), heat transfer, particle dynamics, reacting flow, electrochemistry, acoustics and rheology. On average, CD-adapco increased its revenue at constant currencies by more than 12 percent annually over the past three fiscal years. CD-adapco employs over 900 talented individuals, working at 40 strategic locations across the globe.