A common theme was to learn lessons from the automotive and aerospace industries. At the core of engineering design in these industries is the ability to develop virtual prototypes and explore the design space virtually to improve product performance (e.g. reduce weight, improve durability) while reducing physical testing costs.
This educational seminar will share how the sub-surface world is using flow and thermal simulation in its design processes.
- Discovering innovative designs for downhole tools, while reducing time and cost of product development
- Drill bit design, including cleaning and cuttings transport, bit balling, wear 7 erosion, bit-rock interaction
- Downhole valves, ICDs and ICVs
- Well bore and near well bore flow
- Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESPs) and mud motors
The seminar will end with a hands-on, computationally-based design competition, where attendees will get to explore designs.
This event is free, but registration is required. Sign up today here.
1. Technip, GE O & G, FMC Technologies, Aker Solutions, SBM Offshore, Subsea7.